Characteristics of Art Clay Gold Clay
- Art Clay Gold Clay is a water-based gold clay that can be modeled in the same way as with the other Art Clay series products.
- It will transform to high quality 22-Karat gold after firing.
- Art Clay Gold consists of 22k gold powder, binding agent and water. The binding agent is produced from harmless pulp fiber.
- Ingredient: 95% of indicated weight is K22 (Gold 91.7%, Silver 8.3%). After firing: K22 100%
- Contracts about 15% during the firing process.
- Available in 3g package
- If the clay becomes stiff during shaping, add a few drops of water and knead it well.
- Take out only the necessary amount of clay. Place the rest of the clay in a zip loc bag and keep it in a sealed container to prevent it from drying up.
- It is known that gold will melt 1063℃/1945°F. It is recommend that your firing temperature does not exceed 1000℃/1832°F.
- The surface of the fired piece will be matte, but luster can be obtained by polishing using stainless brush, burnisher, sandpaper and so on.
How to make Art Clay Gold in paste form
To join Art Clay Gold together or to mend a jointed area, use Art Clay Gold in Paste form. This is how to make it, put Art Clay Gold in a small plate. Add a few drops of water and blend it evenly with something like a spatula.
Condition for Drying and Firing for Clay type, Paste type and Syringe type
Drying (There are several ways to dry your work)
- Hair dryer: At least 15 minutes with a 1200w hair dryer. Place the dryer within 15cm/ 6 inches from the piece.
- Cooking plate: At least 10 minutes at 150℃～180℃/300°F-330°F
- Kiln: At least 10 minutes at 150℃/300°F
- Natural / air dry: At least 24 hours at room temperature.
＊Do not apply the heat over 250℃/480°F, otherwise the binder burns away and shape of the piece will change.
Firing (Kiln firing is recommended to hold consistent temperature and holding time.)
①Place the piece in a kiln at room temperature. Fire with the following temperature and holding time.
|Holding time||60 mins|
②You may take out the piece when the kiln temperature falls below 600℃/1110°F with caution.
The surface of the fired piece will be matte, but luster can be obtained by polishing. (e.g. stainless brush, burnisher, sandpaper, etc)
- Ventilate your workroom well during firing.
- When drying and baking, take care not to get burned or start a fire.
- Keep this product out of the reach of children.
- If you get any of this product in your eyes or mouth, flush immediately with plenty of water and call your physician.
- Avoid contact with your skin. If skin irritation or itching occurs, wash with water and consult your doctor immediately.
- Do not place a ceramic or porcelain piece that has the Overlay Silver Paste applied into a microwave oven.
- Keep this product indoors out of direct sunlight.
- Do NOT keep in a refrigerator.
- Use it soon after opening.